The Parent Educational Advocacy and Training Center (PEATC), in collaboration with the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), once again presents Transition University, a FREE five week self-paced online transition course.
It is never too early to start learning about students with disabilities transitioning to adulthood. It is never too early to begin taking steps to prepare for the future!
Topics covered in this course will include:
- What do we mean by transition; why is it important?
- Supported decision making, power of attorney, guardianship, and age of majority
- Future planning including special needs trust, ABLE accounts, and letters of intent
- Transitioning into independent living (employment, further education, housing, etc.)
- Connecting to your community and to adult services
- And much more!
Click below to register: