Join the Autism Society of Central VA for a series of weekly presentations featuring topics for self-advocates, caregivers, and professionals, providing valuable information and resources to support you, your family, and your clients with autism.
Dr. Jed Baker will present our Opening Keynote: Managing Overwhelming Frustration and Anxiety in the New Normal.
Weekly presentations will include:
- Supporting Online Learning for Students with Autism, Dr. Kara Hume
- The Intersection of Autism and Transgender, Gender Nonbinary, and Gender Diverse Identities, Dr. John Strang
- Interoception, The Eighth Sense: Practical Solutions for Promoting Self-Regulation, Positive Behavior, Language Development, and Social Participation, Dr. Kelly Mahler
- Exploring Common Co-Occurring Mental Health Conditions, Dr. Micah Mazurek
- An Examined Life: Disability Policy, Autism Research, and Me, Gyasi Burks-Abbott
- Gender Differences and Real-Life Implications, Dr. Erica Rouch
- Using Waiver Services to Build the Life You Want, Heather Norton
- And more to be announced soon!
PEATC will offer Individual IEP Consultations on Saturday, 11/21, and the ASCV will offer 1:1 Waiver Mentor Meetings with our Information & Referral Specialist and Virginia Medicaid Waiver Mentor, Bradford Hulcher. An On-Demand Exhibitor Fair and Additional Recorded Presentations will offer access to our exhibitors and sessions at your convenience.
Click here for more information.