We are the Virginia Department of Education's Training and Technical Assistance Center
The mission of Virginia’s Training and Technical assistance Centers (TTAC) is to improve educational opportunities and contribute to the success of children and youth with disabilities (birth – 22 years). The Centers provide quality training and technical assistance in response to local, regional, and state needs. TTAC services increase the capacity of schools, school personnel, service providers, and families to meet the needs of children and youth.
Visit TTAC Online for more details.
The TTACs and VDOE support
- Personnel development that fosters access to the general education curriculum and achievement in the least restrictive environment for students with disabilities
- Personnel to prepare school-age students with disabilities for graduation or completion of a program in preparation for postsecondary life
- Schools in meeting Virginia’s accreditation standards and federal accountability targets for performance indicators
What We Do
The Training and Technical Assistance Center (TTAC) at James Madison University is part of a statewide network funded through the Virginia Department of Education with funds from the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
TTAC staff members provide a variety of professional development services for educators in Region 5.
Services are tailored to meet identified needs and include:
- lending library
These services are designed to facilitate use of research-based practices and increase capacity to improve outcomes for students with disabilities.
We are part of a Statewide TTAC System
The Training and Technical Assistance Center (TTAC) at James Madison University works collaboratively with other centers and organizations across the state of Virginia to provide services to children and youth with disabilities.
- Region 1 & 8 TTAC at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Region 2 & 3 TTAC William & Mary and TTAC Old Dominion University
- Region 4 TTAC at George Mason University
- Region 5 TTAC at James Madison University
- Region 6 & 7 TTAC at Radford University and TTAC at Virginia Tech
We Serve School Divisions & Programs
in VDOE Superintendents' Region 5
Early Intervention Programs:
State Operated Programs:
We are part of the
College of Education at
James Madison University
Region 5 TTAC
James Madison University
Memorial Hall 7350
395 South High Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22807